ODMT has received a number of requests for information from potential volunteer team members. Click Here
Oregon Disaster Medical Team (ODMT) is an independent, non-profit organization of volunteer healthcare professionals from Oregon and Southwest Washington. The team plans, trains and responds to provide relief healthcare services when local, county and mutual aid reserves are overwhelmed due to a mass casualty incident or disaster event.
In the event of a disaster within Oregon, the team is equipped to rapidly respond. One of the primary missions of ODMT is to address urgent and emergent medical issues in the first 72 hours of a disaster event, before outside agencies can assist.
Experience around the country has shown that pre-designated teams of disaster healthcare providers can respond more effectively to assist overwhelmed local resources.
ODMT also developed the Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT) representing Oregon in the National Disaster Medical System. DMAT OR-2 can be federalized and deployed by the Department of Health and Human Services to disasters anywhere in the United States and its territories.
Hurricane Information Sources
- National Hurricane Center - Official National Weather Service predictions and data
- BoatU.S. Hurricane Center - Tracking and information maps
- WXNation.com - Excellent blog with extreme weather news stories, images, and other information
Northwest Volcano, Earthquake & Tsunami Information Sources
- Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network - Current earthquakes and volcano information
- Cascades Volcano Observatory - Cascades volcano information
- West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center